Take a moment and cast your mind back.
Back to the 80’s when marketing was simple and was more about sales than branding.
It was a time when you named your business AAA Electricians or A-Z bookkeeping so that you were on the first page of the yellow pages.
When your monthly marketing budget was taking clients out for dinner, and your car had your name all over it to reach more people.
Fast forward to 2023, marketing is a 24/7 beast!
Requiring brand recognition, social media, lead generation, SEO, SEM, CRM’s text messages and email campaigns.
Marketing is hard work and expensive.
In the year 2023, it is vital now more than ever to plan the rest of your year out.
Planning means you don’t jump on the next fad bandwagon and waste precious time. I mean, who has time to waste?
Step one: is where you look back and work out what worked in the past and what may not be working anymore. And with the things you want to continue, look at automating those tasks.
Step two: requires research. Look at new concepts or ideas that might help your business capture a wider net across your ideal clients.
Step three: keep reading this blog, as we have included a list of 7 things every B2B marketing plan must consist of.
7 Things you need In your B2B Marketing Plan.
- An integrated approach: Gone are the days of relying on a single marketing strategy. Instead, B2Bs should create an integrated approach that combines multiple methods to create a cohesive message and reach more potential customers. This includes everything from SEO and PPC campaigns to content marketing, social media and email campaigns.
- User-generated content (UGC): UGC is essential for engaging with your audience in meaningful ways and encouraging them to advocate for your brand. Incorporate customer reviews, photos, videos and other forms of UGC into your marketing plan so customers can authentically connect with your brand.
- Personalisation: With AI technology becoming more advanced, it’s easier than ever to personalise marketing efforts for each customer. B2Bs should take advantage of this technology to create more targeted campaigns that speak directly to the needs of each customer.
- Automation: Automating routine tasks like email campaigns, social media posts, and website content can save you time and money while giving valuable insights into your customers’ behaviour. Invest in automation software or work with a digital marketing agency that offers automated services so you can focus on other aspects of your business.
- Mobile-friendly design: Mobile devices are becoming increasingly popular, which means it’s essential for B2Bs to optimise their websites and marketing materials for mobile users. Your website should be fully responsive, have straightforward navigation and display appropriately on any device.
- Social media presence: MORE is more and social media is one of the most effective ways to reach your target audience, so B2B’s need to have a presence on these platforms. Tip for newbies though social media is about writing content that resonates with your customers, not just what you like!
- Measurement and analysis: Measuring your marketing results is essential for understanding what works and doesn’t. Invest in analytics tools to track customer behaviour across all channels and use this data to inform future strategies. With careful measurement and analysis, you can optimise your marketing efforts for maximum return on investment (ROI).
If you follow our tips, you will have a well-prepared plan to reach more customers, which will reflect on your bottom line.
If it sounds like too much work, we understand, reach out and let’s discuss a way of The Marketing Room being able to take away some of the pressure.